This recipe is very alkalizing, hydrating, cleansing and nutrient-dense. It’s full of pretty colors, which means it’s a good variety of nutrients!
Ingrediants (this fed two people with a little leftover, so you be the judge on how much your family eats!):
1 medium spaghetti Squash
1 cup broccoli
1/4 cup white or yellow onion
1-2 cloves garlic
2 carrots, diced up
1 tomato diced up (omit if you don’t eat night shade family)
handful of green beans snapped in half
1/2 cup zuchinni
1/4 cup asparagus
2 teaspoons ghee
1 Tbs. olive oil
Herbs/spices: garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, few dashes of red pepper flakes, sea salt and pepper
Toppings (optional): red onion, goat cheese, nutritional yeast (add more if not using cheese for a cheesier consistency/flavor)
*Omit vegetables that you don’t like and add ones that you do. Have fun with it! Add mushrooms, radish, red bell pepper, etc!
1. Poke holes in spaghetti squash and cook in oven on 375 for one hour.
2. Add ghee and onions & garlic to pan. Saute about 3-5 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Add remaining vegetables, saute and cover off and on to aid in faster cooking and moisture.
4. Add herbs/spices halfway through cooking.
5. Scoop middle/seeds out of spaghetti squash and use a fork to take out spaghetti squash noodles.
6. Place in dish, add sauted veggies on top and drizzle with olive oil and goat cheese (omit if allergic/sensitive to dairy).
*You can also throw in some shrimp, chicken or steak or eat a nice peice of salmon with the spaghetti squash as a side dish for a balanced meal.
**Husband approved!! Krystal says, “I’m making spaghetti squash with veggies tonight for dinner. Does that sound okay?” Jason replies, “I just don’t really like spaghetti squash, but sure.” After trying it, Jason said, “This is actually pretty good! Not bad at all!” He’s a pretty good judge as his palate is average I would say. Mine is a little skewed! If I know it’s healthy, it’s like my brain tells my taste buds that it tastes good, and I eat it. haha. Jason on the other hand either likes it or he doesn’t, and he’s not afraid to tell me either way! =)