5 Easy Ways to Detox Daily
We are bombarded by toxins daily. From body products & cleaning products to food, drinks, the environment and even our emotions; our livers are working over-time these days. Our livers are responsible for over 500 processes, and we need it to be in primo condition.
1. The Skin: Epsom salt baths. Recipe: 2-4 cups of Epsom salts, 1/4 cup baking soda and a few drops of lavender oil for relaxation. The magnesium in the salts also heal and soothe achy bruises and pains as well as induce restful sleep. Sweat, sweat, sweat! Saunas & exercise make you sweat and release toxins through your skin. Rebounding helps move your lymph and release toxins as well. Dry brushing!
2. Change your diet: room temperature filtered fresh lemon water first thing in the morning. A cleansing smoothie with protein powder, greens powder, chia or flax seed, coconut flakes, cinnamon and berries. Fermented foods (kimchi, sauerkraut, whole milk yogurt, apple cider vinegar, miso). Increase fiber (unless have digestive disorder, such as IBS or SIBO, etc. which can actually feed bad bacteria) from whole foods (whole wheat bread is NOT a whole or health food!)- nuts, seeds, veggies, fruits. Organic/local egg yolks. Cruciferous veggies (steamed or cooked) unless Hashimoto’s and then be very moderate. Spice up your life! Add spices to everything- curry, turmeric, ginger, basil, oregano, dill, etc. Grass-fed meats for the high sulfur content. Omega-3s from quality fish oil or wild fish.
3. Detox the mind through meditation, journaling, music, dance- whatever heals your soul!
4. Detox through the lungs by deep breathing. Start with 5 breaths upon waking and 5 before bed. Take a deep, slow breath in allowing your belly to fill, and then release slowly allowing every last bit of air to be expelled. This also calms the nervous system, relaxing and energizing your body/mind.
5. Get out in nature and ground yourself. Earthing helps to combat the effects of EMF. Unplugging from technology and filling your senses with nature allows you to heal and restore. Just 15 minutes sitting on the earth (no shoes!) helps detox the body/mind.