They key to successful nutrition and lifestyle changes is planning! It takes a time commitment of about 30 minutes each week to plan the menu for the week. Use Pinterest if you have it. It’s fun! But plan on spending more than 30 minutes because Pinterest is like a gorgeous black hole of awesomeness…in my opinion.
- Set aside 30 minutes each week to plan your menu. Play, explore, search, have fun!
- Make your shopping list and check it twice 🙂
- Go grocery shopping
- Meal prepping. Prep ahead all of the items you can to reduce stress throughout the week and keep you on track. Ask the family to help. It’s great to get kids involved in this process. When they feel like they contributed, they’re more likely to want to try the healthy food.
Things you can prep:
- Boil a dozen eggs and keep in the fridge for quick breakfast or snack
- Do as many crockpot meals as you can. Get an extra crockpot to make two meals at the same time.
- Cook your grains: oatmeal, quinoa, brown rice and store in glass containers. When ready to eat, throw in a pot on the stove, add water and any other flavorings or ingredients like cinnamon to oatmeal or herbs and spices to quinoa. You can even throw the rice or quinoa into a dish cooking on the stove, such as chicken or shrimp stir fry.
- Cut up your veggies. Carrots, zucchini, celery, onions, etc. Store separately in glass containers. You can also make stir fry combinations of veggies and freeze.
- Nuts and seeds in ready to go containers.
- Marinate meats
- Make sauces and store
- Fermented foods
Want more ideas for yummy recipes? Head over to my FB page and my Pinterest